Work For Us
In our experience, some of the most successful Recruitment Consultants in our sector have come from a Construction background. We are always interested in talking to self motivated people interested in recruitment.
Specialising in permanent and temporary recruitment we pride ourselves on providing a personalised professional service to "people" who are seeking new opportunities within organisations from both the Private and Public sector.
Why? Maybe you have lost your drive in your current position. You might have left College or University to go directly into your chosen profession and thought "is this really for me?" You want to use your experience and knowledge but in a different environment.
How? We can teach you about the recruitment industry but equally as important you will already have hands on knowledge and experience in Construction and possibly directly from the sector in which you could be specialising in. This gives you an immediate advantage as it will create "credibility" with Clients and Candidates.
What? Recruitment is a customer focused role in which you develop relationships with Clients, looking to recruit additional staff, and with Candidates who are seeking their next career move.
You need to be naturally self-disciplined and motivated as you are essentially running a business which comes with its own unique pressure. If you aren't driving it forwards, no matter what, it will go backwards and as with any business this can be the difference between success and failure.
Success in recruitment provides great opportunities. Away from the excellent earning potential you will also enjoy the autonomy and control that comes with the daily management of a business. There are few careers in which you yourself have direct control over your own earning potential and where you can develop your skill sets in such a wide variety of areas.
Next? Recruitment isn't easy, especially in the current climate. If you want to talk "frankly" about Recruitment Consultancy contact Matthew Roberts on: firstname.lastname@example.org
In this customer focused role you will establish mutually beneficial business relationships with Clients, looking to recruit additional staff, and with Candidates who are seeking their next career move or contract assignment.
As a Recruitment Consultant you will:
- Develop business relationships/opportunities with both current and potentialClients
- Attract new Candidates to register with Minerva
- Evaluate Clients' staffing requirements and assess how best to meet their needs
- Find suitable Candidates who match your Clients' vacancies and promote them to your Clients
- Ensure that Candidates are fully prepared for interview before meeting theClient
- Manage the entire recruitment process from taking a vacancy through to placing a Candidate in a job which could be a permanent position or temporary contract assignment.
To be successful you will have to:
- Develop an existing Client and Candidate database
- Promote Minerva's range of services to Clients and Candidates, largely on the phone but also through visits, presentations and networking events
- Foster strong relationships with your Clients and strive to exceed their expectations
- Ensure you are up to date with developments in your specialist sector and with your competitors' activities, making you an expert in your local market
- Use your initiative and creativity to find good quality Candidates from a variety of sources
- Advertise your vacancies in a range of media, including our own website and other known job boards
- Interview Candidates, manage their expectations and gain their commitment
Attributes to become a successful Recruitment Consultant:
- Self motivated
- Self disciplined
- Professional in approach
- Attention to detail
- Target orientated
- Ability to think laterally
- Takes a pride in their work
- A good memory
Required Skills and Qualifications
You will need to demonstrate an excellent work ethic and a have a natural desire to succeed in what is an extremely competitive sector in challenging economic times. You will be naturally self-disciplined and motivated with a positive attitude towards work and life.
Education and Experience
Ideally degree qualified you will possess excellent people skills and may have had working experience in a sales environment or the service industry sector.